2018 IEI Congress
The Porcelain Enamel Institute, Inc. is seeking papers on topics as listed below for the 24th IEI Congress in Chicago, IL, USA in May 2018. This page gives you a lot of information as well as a website form by which to initially submit your paper (title, author and abstract) for consideration by the Congress program planning committee. Below is a listing of the deadline dates for the abstract, final written paper and final PowerPoint presentation - please be mindful of these dates as late entries cannot be included.
Congress Topics and Themes
- Substrates for enameling
- Novel metal fabrication methods
- Pretreatment and metal preparation
- New types of vitreous enamels
- Nanotechnologies in enamel coatings
- Application technologies and processes
- Process control equipment
- Furnaces and firing
- VE training for employees
- Sustainability and energy savings
- Government regulations and environmental compliance
- Product testing, measurement and characterization
- New products, markets and applications
- Enamels in architecture, graphic arts and design
Deadlines and Important Dates
Title, author and abstract submission deadline - January 16, 2017
Acceptance Notification - March 2, 2017
Complete papers must be received - November 1, 2017
Final PowerPoint slides must be received - February 28, 2018
Title, Author and Abstract Submissions
By the January 16, 2017 deadline please submit the title, author (or authors) and a 100-200 word abstract of your paper for consideration by the committee for inclusion in the 24th IEI Congress program. Please complete the form at this link and follow instructions to submit the form.
Complete Work Instructions
All papers must be received by the November 1, 2017 deadline to be properly included in the Congress Proceedings Book.
- All text must be written in English. The text should provide a clear description of the aims, methods, and results of the study. Concluding remarks and acknowledgements may be given at the end. Emphasis should be on the results of the study. A list of references must be reported.
- The written texts must be submitted as a .doc or .docx file to Stewart Hackler.
- Please name the complete work file as follows: first author's surname.extension (ex.: Smith.doc or Smith.docx).
- The maximum length of the complete work is six pages A4 including figures, tables and references.
Questions and Comments
- Program Chairman - Charles Baldwin (Ferro Corporation)
- Program Committee - Joe Melaro (A O Smith Corporation)
- Published Proceedings and Presentations - Stewart Hackler (PEI)
- 24th IEI Congress Director - Cullen Hackler (PEI)